Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog Post #0

Both of my parents are graphic designers so I have been exposed to different forms of technology since I was little. Technology is an important part of my everyday life, I use my phone constantly to keep tabs on my friends and family, my computer is vital when it comes to checking up on my social media accounts and completing school assignments, I rely on my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning and my Netflix to keep me entertained. I began school during a time of huge technological developments, this caused me to be exposed to many different forms of technology that would be helpful to me during my time in school and out in the "real" world. I learned how to use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, I learned how to research efficiently and effectively and I became and avid technology user.
 During the duration on EME2040, I hope to learn/refresh my knowledge on the important aspects of different technologies and programs, especially the technologies and programs used within a classroom. Since I am planning to become a teacher, and I know that this class will help me achieve my goal of understanding these different technologies, I plan to put forward my full attention and make sure that I am comfortable using these different technologies/programs. I also hope to obtain an understanding of how to apply these technologies within the classroom so that when I am ready to teach/become a teacher, I can.

Pictured above, I have my learning style results. From these results I can conclude that am able to learn effectively through both active and reflective techniques, I am an intuitive learner so I prefer more innovative ways to solve problems and dislike repetition. I can also conclude that I prefer/do better with visual learning but can learn through verbal techniques. These results also tell me that I am more of a sequential learner than a global one, but have tendencies to learn both ways, this means that I either grasp details of what is being taught to me without fully understanding the material (sequential) or grasp different parts of what is being taught to but eventually fully "getting it" (global). By knowing and understanding my learning style, I should be able to alter my study habits to become a better student.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole- Great post! Also, thanks for taking the time to change your blog design. Very nice! It sounds like you have a broad background when it comes to technology. This course will improve your current skills and also expose you to new concepts you can use as a classroom teacher. If you have any areas of interest that we may not cover, please let me know! You have a very good grasp of the results of your learning styles questionnaire. Using the results to alter your study habits is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete