Monday, October 19, 2015

Blog Post #6

I visited my old high school's (Charles W. Flanagan high school) website and took a look at some of the teacher's class pages. The first thing I noticed is that all assignments and test information is public. I also noticed that the teachers included links to helpful/relevant websites. Each teacher also had a link to their class calendar and news board. All the class pages followed the same format, which keeps it look crisp and professional. Below is an example of one of the teachers webpages:
I envision myself using technology as often as I see necessary. By this I mean, if the technology is actually beneficial to me and not just another hassle. The main technology, which is mentioned in the podcast, that I would find extremely beneficial to me is twitter. Twitter would be helpful in and out of the classroom because it would provide a way for me to easily communicate with my students. My students would create a classroom account and I could use it for assignments or to just keep my students updated on what is to be expected of them. If some students don't have access to twitter I would provide them with another way to keep in contact with me. 
This assignment was extremely confusing to me at first. I wasn't sure exactly what was expected from me but after help from my teacher, my group and I were able to figure it out. This assignment was helpful for me because it made me see how important it is to evaluate the websites you plan to use. If I had to improve this assignment I would probably use a different wiki site, I found pbworks to be confusing. I can use what I learned from this assignment to evaluate the websites I plan to use within the classroom and to make sure my students also evaluate the websites they use for different assignments. Below are some screenshots of the assignment:




1 comment:

  1. Wikis can be really confusing, but very rewarding once you get the hang of using them! I appreciate that you asked questions to me or your classmates when you were confused... don't ever hesitate to do that!

    ReplyDelete