Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog Post #10

Working on the PowerPoint Interaction assignment allowed me to view other purposes of PowerPoint other than a presentation. Creating an interactive quiz was a lot of fun. It gave me many ideas of ways I can use PowerPoint within the classroom. Action buttons were very useful in this assignment and will continue to be useful in future presentations/activities I create for my classrooms.
As a teacher, I think I will use data collecting tools to take attendance and keep records of grades organized. Since I want to teach high school, I will have multiple classrooms so it is important for me to have access to a data collecting tool, like excel, to keep myself organized. Excel also provides many functions so keeping my data in excel will make my life easier when I need to provide administration with data. 
After viewing my peers blogs, the topics I found most interesting were all the different tools teachers have access to online. I never knew of all these different tools, like website and presentation creators, that could help me keep organized and produce better presentation for better instruction. I took note of all the different internet resources my peers mentioned in hope that I will be able to use them when I become a teacher.
The technology-related skill I would most like to learn next is how to create a better website. I want to be able to provide my students with an interactive website that has chat rooms for them to discuss assignments on, but that I can regulate. I also want to be able to make the website accessible for the parents but only parts of the website. For example, I don't want the parents to be able to access the students chat. 
In the future, I hope to achieve my technology-related goals by taking courses and advancing my knowledge on the different technologies I wish to improve on. I also hope to achieve these goals by continuing to practice with these different technologies and improve my skills. By doing this, I hope I'll be ready to use this technologies efficiently within my future classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Nicole! Web design is an excellent skill that I hope you will pursue in the future!

    ReplyDelete