Monday, November 9, 2015

Blog Post #9

Essentially, a flipped classroom involves the students viewing class lectures at home on their own time and then completing a reflective activity in class the following day. A flipped classroom could be very beneficial for students who are more hands on/interactive learners. The only problem I could see with flipped classrooms would be students not completing the lecture based homework and coming into class unprepared. Teachers could use teachertube.com to find information videos for the students to watch at home.
I found a very interesting website (http://www.edutopia.org/diy-professional-development-resources) that provides "DIY Professional Development." The website has 5 different resource topics to benefit you as an educator. The five resource topics are All About Twitter, The Un-Conference Model, Tech Tools on Your Own Time, Building a Professional Learning Network, and Additional Resources on the Web. Each resource topic has 6-10 links to helpful articles and resources for teachers who are trying to expand their professional development. These links include videos and diagrams to help educators. At the end of the page there are additional helpful resources for teachers to explore.
I enjoyed the PowerPoint Information Dissemination assignment. It was fun to pretend that I was making a presentation for an assignment I was giving my class. I feel as if I could potentially use the exact powerpoint I made or at least use it as inspiration for future presentations I will have to give to my future classes. Below is a picture of the intro slide to my powerpoint:

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Nicole! I'm glad that you enjoyed the assignment!

    ReplyDelete